How to Write an Essay in MLA Format?
Modern Language Association of America (MLA) is a very famous writing and formatting style. If you are asked to write an essay in MLA format, then you have to follow all the current MLA standards or else your essay will be rejected or you will simply end up ruining your grades.
Here are some tips for you to help you format your paper correctly:
- Use the famous font called times new roman
- The ideal font size is 12
- Use double-space throughout your essay and even when you create the reference list
- Your surname and page number will appear in the header on the top right corner.
- One-Inch margin on all sides
- Your name, subject, date and topic will be mentioned on the first page. Only your topic will be center-aligned – Everything else will be left-aligned
- Works Cited will be the heading on the reference page. It must be center-aligned as well as bold
You have to quote sources in MLA format to avoid plagiarism. If you use someone’s idea or text, but don’t give them any credit, it will be considered plagiarism. Therefore, ensure that you cite all the sources properly.
There are different ways to cite sources. Let’s say you have used 2 quotes from a website and 2 from a book. Both of them will follow a different and unique pattern. Therefore, you must get the latest MLA guide to learn how all different types of sources are cited and how you can create a flawless reference page.
If you think that writing an essay in MLA format is confusing and hectic, then you can turn to our professional writers for help.
We offer you complete peace of mind and freedom so that you can relax and take care of other important tasks in life while we produce a custom-written and plagiarism-free essay to help you achieve academic success.
So, don’t wait… Click here to acquire essay help from our professional and experienced writers now.